Mississauga Long Term Care Facility is an accredited facility and fully licensed under the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care. Owned and operated by Novak Bajin since 1974, this home provides excellent care in a personalized manner to each and every one of our residents and their individual needs.
Featuring a modern stucco exterior, Mississauga Long Term Care Facility is a two-story plus basement building, with 41 beds in a combination of private, semi-private and shared accommodation rooms. We have a garden area in the backyard where we feature many summer-time barbecues and outdoor events. Our basement dining room features a lounge area, large screen television, and many windows. Our bright second floor dining and activity room features a spacious area for exercise as well as a kitchen for resident activities, large screen television, and piano for special events.
We cater to all ethnicity, but specialize in residents with Slavic and Polish backgrounds. We speak many different languages in our facility.
Residents are placed through our office and the Home and Community Care Support Services, formally know as the Local Health Integrated Network (LHIN).
For more information about Getting Started, please click here
Mississauga Long Term Care Facility Inc. is the primary home for its residents and is operated as a home where our residents live with dignity, security, safety and comfort and where physical, psychological, social, spiritual and cultural needs are adequately met by a caring and committed staff.
The Mississauga Long Term Care Facility is pleased and very proud of our excellent name in the community and we endeavor to maintain this reputation.
- We provide client focused care through provision of excellent medical and nursing services. We provide client focused care through provision of excellent medical and nursing services.
- We give the highest standard of care to all levels from light to chronic. We provide client focused care through provision of excellent medical and nursing services.
- We believe in spirited teamwork to achieve the highest level of care for our clients. We encourage our staff to develop relationships with each other as well as with our clients and to go beyond what is expected to create the at-home experience. We provide client focused care through provision of excellent medical and nursing services.
- Daily activities and pastoral care are organized to maximize individual fulfillment and build companionship between our residents. We provide client focused care through provision of excellent medical and nursing services.
- We prepare a high standard of delicious and nutritious meals. Nutritional needs are well met and all our nutritious meals are prepared and cooked on the premises. Special diet needs are served as requested. We provide client focused care through provision of excellent medical and nursing services.
- We meet the needs of our residents by accessing Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Podiatry, Pharmacy, Dental, Lab and X-Ray as needed. We provide client focused care through provision of excellent medical and nursing services.
- We have dedicated doctors on call 24-hours per day. We provide client focused care through provision of excellent medical and nursing services.
- We are prepared for emergency situations as emergency services are provided through community emergency response team and the acute care hospital services. We provide client focused care through provision of excellent medical and nursing services.
Person Centred Approach
At Mississauga Long Term Care Facility, we recognize each person’s past experiences, community connections and individual needs. We acknowledge each resident’s uniqueness and strive to meet their social, emotional, physical and spiritual needs.
Our person centered approach to caring for our residents involves listening, collaboration with the resident and family, sharing ideas and seeking feedback. We do not apply a “one-size-fits-all” approach to our care. Instead, we individualize our care plans and routines to an individualized approach. We recognize that family members are integral members of the care team because they provide important information to help us care for their loved one.
Each year many important policy decisions, administrative, regulatory, and quality improvement actions, funding changes and executive and legislative proposals are made by a myriad of federal, provincial, and local agencies that directly affect Mississauga Long Term Care Facility Inc.’s long term care efforts. Nonetheless, without a widely-accepted common vision and a supported set of underlying principles and values, our progress toward an optimal long term care facility system is likely to remain a fragmented, meandering, inefficient and unnecessarily expensive. Our goal is to provide the highest standard of care regardless of the external influences that affect our operation.
Mississauga Long Term Care Facility Inc. is a multi-cultural environment with a slight skew of residents from the Polish and Slavic origins. Languages spoken by staff include English, Polish, Tagalog, Ukrainian, Italian, Croatian, German, Serbian, Punjabi and Urdu.
Mississauga Long Term Care with their staff are happy to work with both residents and family members and address any concerns that may arise un the home. We encourage all family member and residents to work with us and resolve any issue. If the concern is not resolved by our staff you should bring it to the attention of our administration. Should an issue in some rare occasion not come to a resolution even after the involvement of our administrator, you may wish to further escalate such a concern and contact the Ministry of Long Term Care by telephoning the toll-free number of the Long Term Care Family Support Action Line: 1-866-434-0144.
Mississauga Long Term Care Facility has an Emergency Plan for responding to emergencies. The COVID-19 pandemic provided experiences that aided us to improve our processes in response to potential outbreaks in the future. A plan to respond to Pandemics/Epidemics ensures that that facility follows protocols which keep residents safe and well-cared for. Plans are tested and evaluated annually. See below picture for all Emergency Codes. More information can be provided by facility management upon request.